Sunday, January 15, 2006

Time for "Winter Training"

It is time for me to start getting ready for the two up-coming rides that I want to enter.

1. The El Tour de Phoenix - April 1, 2006

2. Tour of the Tucson Mountains - April 30, 2006

I am shooting for main event for both events of 70 miles. 3 rides during the week, a mid distance ride Sat. and a long ride Sun - for 12 weeks ... At least I have a goal.. I will keep updating as things go along.

The main runs for training are the "East Loop" found in a earlier post and a sweet run I was turned on to this weekend. Nothing fancy, rolling hills, a few good climbs, and quite a bit of open flats to really roll. The "Camino Loma Alta Loop" takes you on moderate ride futher out the Old Spanish Trail run east of Tucson. 20 miles total - Start at Harisson & Old Sanish Trail - Head East out OST to Camino Loma Alta Road - turn around and head back - Best rest/water spot: The Pavillion at Saguaro East

No comments: